Jerrabomberra Public School

Building Our Future Through Education with Respect, Safety & Honesty.

Telephone02 6299 8860


Our school can help with enrolment queries throughout the year.

Local enrolment area

Check your address on School Finder to see if it is within our local intake area. Most schools have designated local enrolment areas. Note: local enrolment areas are subject to change.

How to enrol

If you live in our intake area and would like to apply to enrol at our school, start by submitting an online enrolment application. Online enrolment is currently only available for Australian or New Zealand citizens and permanent residents.

If you are not able to apply online or you prefer not to, download the paper application to enrol (PDF 768.4KB) form. Please complete the form in English. A translated application to enrol may help you do this.

Online enrolment can also be used for out-of-area enrolment. Please note that out-of-area enrolment procedures are subject to the department’s enrolment policy.

Enrolment applications are finalised at the school.

For more information, visit sTpe school enrolment.

For more information, visit:

Moving to high school

Visit the moving to high school page to find out more about the transition of year 6 students into year 7.

Temporary visas and international students

The Temporary Residents Program has information about eligibility and the forms to complete an application.

Distance education

Distance education is an equity program for students who are geographically isolated or whose individual circumstances prevent them from regularly attending school. Students must meet one of the conditions in the Distance Education Enrolment Procedures to be eligible to access this program as a full-time student.

For more information about educational opportunities in rural areas, visit Rural and distance education.

Our school can help with enrolment queries throughout the year.

Jerrabomberra Public school is zoned for students who reside in The Park and The Heights areas of Jerrabomberra. This website contains information about our school and what we require from you to enrol your child here. If you would prefer for an enrolment pack to be sent, please contact the Office on 62998860 or email us at If you would like to visit the school, please phone for an appointment. 

We warmly welcome Defence students and their families, who reside in our enrolment zone, to this school.  We have a Defence School Mentor program (DSM) to give special attention to your needs.

PLEASE NOTE:  Googong residents are zoned for Queanbeyan South Public School and parents should approach that school for enrolment information.

Starting School

Your child can start Kindergarten at the beginning of the school year if they turn five on or before July 31 in that year. By law, all children must be enrolled in school by their sixth birthday.

Students start new work at the beginning of the school year. It is both a social and educational advantage for your child to start school as soon as possible in the new year.

Towards the end of each year, early in Term 4, we hold orientation sessions for the following years Kindergarten students. Exact dates are advised closer to the time, it is important that you make contact with the school early so we can let you know when these orientation sessions are happening. Students enrolling into other years can request orientation tours at the time of enrolment.


Jerrabomberra School Information

We invite you to look through the documents listed below which gives more information about our school and school routines:

Enrolling at Jerrabomberra Public School

When you're ready to enrol your child in our school, please make initial contact with us. At this time you can discuss any medical conditions or other special circumstances before your child starts school. An interview with school executive will be arranged if required.


The application form must be completed in English. However, a translated application to enrol may help you to fill out the form in English.

Once your application has been received you will need to provide the following documentation to the school so we can progress your child's enrolment:

If your child is not a permanent resident you will also need to provide the following documentation:

  • passport or travel documents
  • current visa and previous visas (if applicable) 

Please refer to section for Temporary visas and international students below for further information.

Moving overseas

Moving overseas and need school reports authenticated for DFAT? 

Email to arrange to bring original documents to 105 Phillip Street, Parramatta 2150.